MacKenzie Fujisawa LLP is a downtown Vancouver law firm with origins dating back to the 1960s. We are a team of diverse talents, capable of providing clients with first-rate legal service for almost any legal issue. Many of our lawyers are recognized as leaders in their practice areas and have extensive experience with the most difficult cases and transactions.
We are seeking an organized, conscientious and diligent individual who enjoys multi-tasking and takes pride in having a strong work ethic and being detail-oriented. This is a full-time, permanent position as a Litigation Legal Administrative Assistant assisting, a senior partner, associate counsel and junior associate who practice primarily in the areas of civil litigation matters.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparing correspondence, pleadings, indexes, lists and summaries;
- Preparing documents, books and/or binders for court, including photocopying and binding;
- Set discovery, trial and other court and/or meeting dates;
- Online registry searches; and
- Daily administrative tasks including daily filing, file organization, opening files, closing files, maintaining an electronic and manual bring-forward system, maintain client documents/files and binders, preparation of accounts, etc.
- Legal administrative certificate from a recognized program;
- 3 – 5 years previous legal administrative experience;
- Excellent technical skills (familiarity with ESILaw, Worldox and Microsoft Office an asset);
- Experience in civil litigation and trial preparation is preferred;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Team player and also works well independently;
- Excellent prioritization skills and works well with minimal supervision;
- Enjoys a challenge and expanding their knowledge base;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; and
- Strong ability to manage deadlines.
Please submit a cover letter and resume, along with your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest in MacKenzie Fujisawa LLP, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.