In compliance with WorkSafe BC, BC Centre for Disease Control (“BCCDC”) and order from the Provincial Health Officer, we have developed a Return to Work Safety Plan (“RTWSP”) which has been and will continue to be communicated to all members of our firm.
The virus that causes COVID-19 spreads in several ways, including through droplets when a person coughs or sneezes, and from touching a contaminated surface before touching the face. Higher risk situations require adequate protocols to address the risk.
• Physical distancing measures help mitigate this risk. We have implemented many options to allow for physical distancing within our office.
• Effective cleaning and hygiene practices help mitigate this risk. We have hand sanitizing and disinfectant cleaning products available in various locations for everyone to use.
• Since a significant increase in case counts and new orders from the Provincial Health Officer (November 2020), it has become necessary to initiate screening of all who enter our office by having our employees and any visitors complete a screening questionnaire with contact information.
• Every person coming into our office will also have their temperature checked by a touchless forehead/temporal artery thermometer, monitored by reception.
• The person’s temperature and answers to respiratory symptom questions will be documented, and the record will be maintained as a private medical record and for contact purposes.
• Anyone who has a fever above 38 degrees Celsius or 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or who is experiencing symptoms of the virus will be sent home.
• The person should monitor his or her symptoms and call a doctor or contact 811 if concerned about the symptoms.
• For meetings, we are using virtual meeting options and if meeting in the office, we have several plexiglass barriers which can be moved for maximum protection in our meeting rooms.
• Plexiglass barriers have been placed to protect front desk access.
• Tables have been placed more than 2 metres away from the front desk, clearly marked “Incoming” and “Outgoing” for any deliveries or pick-ups.
• Signage for maximum number of people per common room have been posted.
• Arrows mark the flow of traffic throughout our office to reduce personal interactions.
• Washrooms have signage reminding of maximum occupancy limit, as well as handwashing guidelines from Worksafe BC and BCCDC.
• Throughout the office, signage provided by BCCDC have been posted to remind everyone of physical distancing guidelines and Coronavirus Prevention.
• Physical distancing has been implemented in the common eating area and plexiglass barriers have been set up with signage for maximum occupancy limits.
• With the indicators for flow of traffic, maximum occupancy limits per common room, all staff have been following the guidelines in place and maintaining physical distancing.
• Supplies of masks, gloves, sanitizers, barriers have all been put in place and more disinfecting supplies have been ordered. Personal protective supplies can be picked up at Reception.
• The building manager has also implemented signage and there has been disinfecting of all touchpoint surfaces several times per day (elevator buttons, door handles).