Gordon J. Kehler
- Law Society of British Columbia
- Canadian Bar Association
- Member and Past President (2000-2001), New Westminster Bar Association
Legal Advisor, Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder Society for British Columbia (Vice-President 2004-2007)
- Legal Advisor, Ridge Meadows Youth & Justice Advocacy Association (Board Member 1994-2008, Vice President 1999-2008)
- Chair, Interchange Foundation (2008-2012)
- Contributing Author, FAS and the Criminal Justice System
- Presenter, 2011 Medical Legal Hurdles from Rehab to Trial, Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia
- Faculty Member and Presenter, Youth Criminal Justice 2007, Continuing Legal Education Society of British Columbia
- Faculty Member and Presenter, Criminal Law 2008, Recent Developments and Practice Advice, Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia
- Recipient of the 2011 Individual Contributor of the Year Award, Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder Society for British Columbia
The Managing Partner at MacKenzie Fujisawa, Gord Kehler is a trial lawyer specializing in personal injury and sexual assault claims (injured persons only), wills variation actions, commercial disputes, administrative tribunal hearings (including employer representation on WCB and human rights matters), wrongful dismissal claims and debt collection litigation.
Gord has appeared in all levels of court in British Columbia, including the Provincial Court, Supreme Court and Court of Appeal. He has also appeared in Federal Court, Tax Court and before WCB and human rights appeals tribunals.
Gord’s previous experience also includes an extensive background in criminal defence work, having acted on numerous cases at the Provincial Court and Supreme Court levels, and between 1992 and 2002 was, by appointment of the Attorney General of British Columbia, defence counsel for young persons in the care of the Ministry of Children and Family Development, charged in the Maple Ridge – Pitt Meadows area.
- Criminal Law 2010, Paper: Driving Offences and ICBC
- Youth Criminal Justice 2007, Paper: Another Kick at the Can: Special Considerations for Bail under the Youth Criminal Justice Act
- Personal Injury Law 2011, Paper: Post Accident Alcohol Abuse – Zawadzki v. Calimoso: A Case Study
- Julianne Conry and Diane K. Fast, Fetal Alcohol Syndrome and the Criminal Justice System (Maple Ridge: Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Resource Society, 2000)